This is a great recipe for a winter evening which can be cooked on the hob using only two pots. As with all my recipes they can be cooked to suit both veggies and meat eaters so both myself and Mr. T can eat them,
- 2 or 3 veggie or meat sausages per person
- 1 onion
- 1tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- Pinch dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 pepper, whatever colour you have
- 1 small or ½ large tin of butter beans
- 1 tbsp. BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. Worcester sauce
- Vegetable stock cube
- Tin of chopped tomatoes
- Put the sausages in a small frying with a little oil (I cook the veggie sausages first and then keep them warm in foil while the meat ones are cooking)
- Chop the onion and fry on a little oil with the garlic salt, paprika, chilli flakes until starting to soften
- Chop the pepper into bite size chunks and add to the onion
- Drain and add the butter bean and add to the saucepan (if you haven’t got butter beans just substitute any other cooked tinned beans)
- Add the BBQ sauce, soy sauce, Worcester sauce, stock cube and a tin of chopped tomatoes.
- Gently simmer for about 10 minutes
- Put the cooked sausages on each plate, pour over the sauce and serve with whatever you have handy in the campervan. This could be potatoes, bread, rice or even quinoa, whatever takes your fancy. You can even add some green beans or additional veg on the side.
Please follow and like us:
Yum, sounds hearty and delicious.