This is a great go to recipe for when you are travelling as it is so versatile and can be made with a wide variety of ingredients. The key ingredient is a store cupboard packet risotto mix. We have bought this in many countries across Europe and always make sure we set off with a few in the cupboard. There are different flavours available, our favourites are the tomato and the mushroom variants.
Servings 2 people
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 pepper any colour
- 1 courgette
- Handful mushrooms
- 6-8 sundried tomatoes (optional)
- 1 packet dried risotto mix
- 1 tbsp oregano
- grated cheese to serve
- Add 700ml water as per packet instructions and gently cook the risotto rice for 15 minutes until all the water is absorbed.
- Chop the pepper, courgette, mushrooms and sundried tomatoes if using into bite size pieces
- Roughly chop the onion
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and the vegetables, garlic powder and chilli flakes. Stir fry on for about 10 minutes until the vegetable tender.
- Add the risotto rice and oregano to the vegetables. and stir through
- Grate over cheese and serve on its own, with crusty bread or a salad
You could make this non veggie by stir frying some chicken and then adding to the vegetables.
Please follow and like us: