This is a great go to recipe for when you are travelling as it is so versatile and can be made with a wide variety of ingredients. The key ingredient is a store cupboard packet risotto mix. We have bought this in many countries across Europe and always make sure we set off with a few in the cupboard. There are different flavours available, our favourites are the tomato and the mushroom variants.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 2 people
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 pepper any colour
- 1 courgette
- Handful mushrooms
- 6-8 sundried tomatoes (optional)
- 1 packet dried risotto mix
- 1 tbsp oregano
- grated cheese to serve
- Add 700ml water as per packet instructions and gently cook the risotto rice for 15 minutes until all the water is absorbed.
- Chop the pepper, courgette, mushrooms and sundried tomatoes if using into bite size pieces
- Roughly chop the onion
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and the vegetables, garlic powder and chilli flakes. Stir fry on for about 10 minutes until the vegetable tender.
- Add the risotto rice and oregano to the vegetables. and stir through
- Grate over cheese and serve on its own, with crusty bread or a salad
You could make this non veggie by stir frying some chicken and then adding to the vegetables.
Please follow and like us: